I read this today and wanted to share it with you all.
1. Grief reveals us. It strips the skin from us and shows us who we are without the day to day adornments that we layer up with. It also shows us who others are. Sometimes there are surprises.
2. Self inquiry is uncomfortable but crucial.
3. There are some relationships that it’s necessary to take a step back from. There are some that require two steps back. Or three.
4. Creativity is always a good idea.
5. At times of crisis, soulmates step forward. They softly, quietly gather up our torn, scattered pieces and gently help to put us back together. They can do this in person or from afar. They’re magical that way.
6. Some hugs stay with us forever.
7. It’s ok not to have all the answers. Or any answer. It’s ok not to know, or not to be sure. It’s ok to be human and imperfect and make a mess of the moment or the day or the week.
8. The answer to every problem can be found in the eyes of a dog.
9. Being brave enough to be vulnerable is really necessary. It’s also really damn hard. But it truly is in those brutally bare moments that we receive the truths we most need.
10. People pleasing is a non paying position. Do not apply for that job.
11. It will never be completely easy. Whatever “it” is. For every moment of bright brilliance there will be many more moments of wading through deep marshes in thick fog wondering WTF is actually going on. Hang in there.
12. We are each of us enough.
13. We can never fully accept anyone else until we are able to fully accept ourselves. Just when you think you’ve got your Self Acceptance Crown nice and straight, someone will come along and knock it off. It’s ok.
14. Some wounds reopen after long decades have passed. Listen to their story but do not be defined by their words. Gently remind them that their time has passed.
15. Every time the words “I love you” are uttered, a flower grows, a heart heals, a tide turns and a body breathes. Say those words often. And say them to yourself.